Exhibition stands are now on sale.
For further information please contact Rebecca Hancock or Simon Boyd
Once again records were broken at the 2014 British Dental Conference and Exhibition with the largest ever attendance on both the Thursday and Friday. The event also saw record numbers of delegates attend for multiple days meaning they had more to time dedicate to the trade and spend in the exhibition.
41% of our delegates attended for all three days with a further 31% attending for two days. The Friday, with 3,791 unique attendees saw an incredible 20% growth in attendees on the same day for our largest ever event in 2013. The Thursday was also a huge success with 3,434 unique attendees, an 11% growth on 2013. Overall this year saw 9,785 combined attendees and 4,823 unique attendees.
57% of Delegates Placed Orders
The exhibition proved popular with our delegates with 85% of describing it as very good or good. 93% found it useful/very useful with 57% of them placing orders with companies they met at the exhibition. 93% of delegates say they achieved their objectives in the exhibition although 15% of delegates did feel some company’s lack of attendance was a missed opportunity with some commenting that they had planned to purchase from them at the exhibition.
66% of Delegates were Dentists
66% of the delegates at the event this year were dentists with 22% DCPs and the remainder split between academics, press and assorted others. Our delegate numbers do not include exhibitors. Of the delegates who were dentists 64% were BDA Members and the remaining 36% were Non-members proving that this is not just an event for BDA Members.
85% of Exhibitors Hit their Target
As well as drawing record numbers on the Thursday and Friday the event proved popular with Exhibitors with 94% of them declaring the exhibition good, very good or excellent and over 85% saying they had hit their objective.
As usual the attendance figures will be audited as part of the BDA’s annual accounts and published in the British Dental Journal later in the year.
British Dental Association all rights reserved. Registered office 64 Wimpole Street London W1G8YS. Limited by guarantee (14161) England